Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Still here!

June 8 Pontorson, France
Spent an easy day waiting for my 4 o'clock train.  Breakfast and then a walk around this fairly small city.  

Ended up in the country!  Did not take long!  And in order to save a few steps, too a short cut!  This meant climbing up an embankment to the road that was passing over the highway I was on!  Steep but not a problem!  Worked out great as the new road went by a large store, Superstore like, with everything you could imagine!  

Walked back to hotel to have coffee before the train.  Well the train never came.  Turns out that there never was a train!  Not sure what happened, but the lady in the station tried very hard to get me out, taxi, to bus, to train!  But there was not enough time to make the bus.  Oh well.  She put me on the train for 9 am tomorrow, which is weird as I was told that I could not have gone on that one today as I would need a return ticket!  So back to hotel and back in same room!  It is a very nice hotel!  
See what happens tomorrow!

Rather enjoying the small cities.  Very relaxed, not a lot of traffic and people are super, even if they do not speak a lot of English!  And I am not sure whether my French is improving or not!  Must be, got a 'real' cup of coffee today!
And besides, looked at some menus today,  2.80 for a bottle of coke (or should I say Coca Cola) and 3.00 for 250 ml of red wine!  Figure out which one I had!

1 comment:

  1. French countryside and cheap wine - no wonder you're loving it Randy! Keep writing ...

    ReplyDelete